Standard Bank Limited Head of HRD: In the Rank of SVP/ EVP jobs circular
Standard Bank Limited is a leading third generation private commercial bank that has a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and provides leadership opportunities to every team member. We are on a fast track within the banking industry and are seeking highly skilled professionals to take us even further.
If you are looking for a career that will give you ample scope to develop, help you unlock potential to make a real headway, SBL should be your choice. At SBL, our employees are valued as individuals and recognized for the contributions they make.
Grab your next GREAT CAREER OPPORTUNITY!
Position: Head of HRD: In the Rank of SVP/ EVP
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Management guidelines by preparing, updating & recommending human resources policies & procedures
- Maintain human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting & training employees
- Develop compensation strategies and policies by conducting periodic pay surveys: scheduling & conducting job evolution; preparing pay budgets; monitoring & scheduling individual pay action; recommending, planning & implementing pay structure revisions.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Providing professional level suggestions to the management including management of labor relations, corrective actions, dispute resolution, compensation; recruitment and retention; and organizational structure and staffing
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Principles, practices and techniques of human resources administration, organization and Operation
- Fully proficient knowledge of country’s employment law
- Principles and practices of effective management, training and supervision
- Methods and techniques for professional writing, reporting and project management.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Must quickly develop a solid working knowledge of human resources policies and procedures, collective bargaining agreements and memoranda of understanding
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation, and conflict mediation skills.
- Solid computer/technology skills.
- Researching, data collection, manipulation and reporting skills
- Effectively plan, implement and manage assigned programs and functions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Lead, manage, direct and evaluate staff
- Architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Implement, explain and apply applicable policies, procedures, laws, codes and regulations.
- Accurately analyze, interpret and evaluate complex administrative and technical issues and data and make appropriate recommendations for action
- Work independently and as a part of a team and ensure safe work practices.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have Masters Degree from any accredited University with no 3rd Class at any level
- Diploma in HRM or MBA major in HRM will get preference
- In-depth knowledge of labor law, Contract Act and HR best practices
- Minimum 16 Years of Banking experience including minimum 2 years as VP/SVP or equivalent in any major commercial bank
- Minimum at least 7 years proven experience in HR Management including 3 years as Head of HR in any Schedule Bank
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics
- Age not exceeding 50 years as on 30 October 2016
The designation & other conditions may be relaxable to the deserving candidates.
Interested candidates are requested to send their résumé along with cover letter and a recent photograph with photocopies of academic and experience certificates/papers to Head of HR, Standard Bank Ltd, Metropolitan Chamber Building (3rd Floor), 122-124 Motijheel CA, Dhaka 1000 latest by October 16, 2016. Only short listed candidates will be considered for interview. The management reserves the right to accept or decline any application at its discretion.