United Nations World Food Programme Employment Ads
Programme Officer (VGD M&E Capacity Strengthening)
VA # WFP/SC/2016/10
Service Contract, SC-8
Date of issue: 30 June 2016
Date of Closing: 14 July 2016
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking applications from qualified Bangladeshi Nationals to fill the function of Programme Officer (VGD M&E Capacity Strengthening) at the SC-8 level for (06) Six months (Extendable), based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The approximate remuneration for this function will be BDT 129,021.00 per month.
The Programme Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Officer (VGD) and overall supervision of the Head Programme Planning & Implementation Section. He/she will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Work with staff members from MoWCA and DWA on strengthening their and their partner NGOs’ M&E capacity and system at capital and field level.
- Support DWA in organizing and conducting joint monitoring visits and analyzing and using the outcome for improvement.
- Develop an M&E work plan (including indicators, time schedule and responsibilities) with full participation of MOWCA, DWA and implementing NGOs.
- Prepare a training plan and conduct training of DWA, MOWCA and VGD PSU staff in the usage and roll out of the improved monitoring/reporting system; oversee/troubleshoot its implementation.
- Develop and update planning documents and monitoring tools (such as checklists/questionnaires, formats and guidelines) for the different level of programme activities.
- Prepare request based and specific reports on monitoring findings, gaps and constraints and identify solutions in consultation with MoWCA, DWA and WFP.
- Provide guidance to designing and implementing evaluations and issue-based studies.
- Support the design, development and implementation of a grievance redress system within VGD/ICVGD.
- Help document the improvements to the monitoring system and the grievance redress system to enable further use in different Social Safety Net programmes in Bangladesh.
- Support overall implementation of the ICVGD project together with relevant WFP staff, and MoWCA and DWA.
- Support, together with relevant WFP staff, tracking budget and expenditure under the SGSP fund.
- Communicate regularly with the Head of PPIS of WFP and share information with Country Office on progress and programme, logistics and/or administrative constraints.
Critical Success Factors: Good analytical skills; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgement, tact, negotiating skills; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to work in a team, and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds. Ability to cope with situations which may threaten health or safety; flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description. Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Expected Results: Well prepared, analytical work; well managed projects, programmes and/or operations. Timely delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries. Effective coordination with Government and all stakeholders.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
Education: University degree and/or equivalent with Disaster Management or Environmental Science, Geography, Social Science, Statistics, Economics, Masters in Business Administration, Development Studies or any related field
Experience: At least 5 years’ progressively responsible experience, job related experience in design and implementation of M&E/MIS systems and frameworks in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government; experience in budget and finance related work will be considered an asset.
- Experience in analyzing and designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development and use of M&E software;
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
- Strong training & facilitation skills;
- Good writing skills;
- Understanding/experienced regarding Government/institutional strengthening processes
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.
Submission of application:
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their application quoting this vacancy announcement number and Post title along with one copy of “CV”, updated “Personal History Form” and “Summery of Candidate’s Profile” to :[email protected] mentioning the position applied on the subject line by 14 July 2016. Incomplete applications will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
Since women are underrepresented in WFP Bangladesh, qualified
female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
UN Offices, IDB Bhaban, E/8-A, Rokeya Sharani, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh, GPO Box 2488, Dhaka-1000
Tel : (880-2) 9183022-33, 01711856562, 01711892230 Fax : (880-2) 9183020, email : [email protected]